The world is a pretty strange, scary and definitely very tense place right now and everyone is coping in any way they can. Some people work out a lot, others spend ages watching movies and TV shows. But a lot of us are using humor as a coping mechanism and artists are not immune to that either. Al, an illustrator on Instagram that goes by @aldoarts decided to mix the childhood comforts of Disney with a humorous approach to the Covid-19 pandemic and we think you’ll find the results to be very entertaining. He’s basically showing us a Disney version of the pandemic and how the characters would react. Al also made a whole lot of COVID-19 memes into Disney illustrations and it’s hilarious. Take a look.
1. Exactly how it looks when non-essential businesses are open and trying to lure people into spending their money and completely disregarding everyone’s health and safety.
2. Oh, Eric, now is not the time for that. Have you not heard about all the breakups happening post lockdown? Hold your horses, man.
3. The only way into a girl’s heart these days is through sending her postmates delivery and having a date over zoom.
4. Speaking of online calls, this is all of us. No exceptions to this rule. We’re all in this together, so don’t even feel ashamed.
5. The only human interaction any of us wants these days is food delivery. Preferably some junk food that we can enjoy on our own, dressed in pyjamas, in bed.
6. Cinderella would definitely survive the pandemic, that girl would be the queen of disinfecting everything.
7. So how many of you have cut your own or your partner’s hair already? Or are you letting it grow out? Shaved heads versus long-haired hippies, those are the only choices.
8. Social distancing be like….well, exactly like that actually. Is that the new normal for us? Forever?
9. How fed up are you with quarantine pick up lines? Are you still at the stage where you find it funny and amusing or does it make you want to hurl?
10. We’ve never jumped to conclusions this fast in our lives. Just one sneeze and you don’t see the person for the next 3 weeks. Just to be safe.
11. Exactly the face we make when we hear another pun about the toilet paper company.
12. A rose by any other name….no, let’s just stop here. That is a pretty hilarious illustration though. Slow-clap.
13. This is all of us on Tinder. Don’t lie, you’ve got about 50 dates lined up after the lockdown is over, it’s just that no one knows when all of this will be over.
14. The official “I’ve got a video conference work call” attire in lockdown.
15. Does anyone feel personally attacked by this? Do you feel called out? Well you should. Hoarding essential goods is stupid and irresponsible. And you should feel bad for doing it.