We live in unique times when taking and sharing pictures is the easiest it’s ever been. There’s so much stuff we can do to edit them and get a message or an idea across, but instead, most of the time we only obsess about editing out our insecurities. There’s a quote by Pablo Picasso that goes something like “Everything you can imagine is possible”, and while the famous painter proved it pretty well with his surreal paintings, those aren’t the limit. Justin Peters, a German photographer and artist likes to live by that quote. He loves taking photos and editing them in a way that blends reality and fantasy. The results are mind-blowing and very creative photos of the world around us but with more magic sprinkled in. His goal is to merge reality with imagination to create fascinating surreal artworks and he’s mastered it. You can see some of his works below and we encourage you to follow his Instagram for more.
1. Move in the direction of your dreams today, even if it‘s just a little waddle now, someday your work will be rewarded with wings to fly directly into them. Butterfly Penguin.
2. What a concept, right? That hat blends so perfectly into a photo of a sandy desert.
3. Is it a tower or is it a candle? It’s both. Because in Justin’s photos you don’t have to choose.
4. Plastic shark. Is this the future? The first part of Justin’s PlasticSeaAnimals series.
5. Escape from the city and follow the snow.