Have you ever heard of Amigurumi? It’s a unique Japanese art of creating tiny stuffed creatures using knitting and crocheting techniques. It’s can be a pretty difficult at first but once you learn how to do it, many find it a meditative process. Anastasia, a Russian artist that goes by @nansyoops on Instagram is amazing at amigurumi. Her tiny stuffed animals and fairy creatures are so cute and adorable that you’ll immediately want to get yourself some. Unfortunately, Anastasia has temporarily closed commissions but she doesn’t mind sharing her techniques and telling you the secrets on how to make the best amigurumi creatures ever. On her Instagram page, you’ll find not only the photos of her creations but also mini-tutorials and videos that show you how you can make similar things. You can also buy her unique amigurumi patterns on Etsy and therefore be able to recreate these at home. Here are just a few of her works that we just needed to share with you.
1. First of all, looks at these cute amigurumi animals that can fit in the palm of your hand. They’re just so cuddly. We’re pretty sure every kid would appreciate a tiny teddy bear or a fox and a racoon friend.
2. This tiny dragon is melting our heart. This is cuteness overload in the best way possible. And the little set that the artist created for the photo is just so precious.
3. Just so you can fully appreciate how tiny Anastasia can make her little creatures. Look, that little dragon is sitting on her fingertip. It’s the tiniest thing ever.
4. Makes you wish you could have a tiny studious lion that would do homework with you, or is it just me? The attention to detail in this one is just incredible.
5. These tiny guys are so precious we just can’t contain ourselves. We have no idea what one does with these except take cute pictures and proudly display them on a shelf, but that’s a totally valid reason to get some.
6. This tiny bunny even got his own personal island with a patch of grass and some plants. Is that an animal crossing reference? Or are we imagining things?
7. These tiny koalas are just the best. And also appreciate the fact that Anastasia created a little set for this photoshoot for them. It’s like building a little world for your tiny creations. Take you back to your childhood, doesn’t it?
8. Sunflowers and unicorns all the way. That’s exactly the kind of world we want to escape to right now. One way ticket, please.
9. A tiny mouse on a block of cheese and a little fox sitting on a tree in the forest, what else coil you possibly wish for?