If you don’t include the Queen in your list of fashionistas – you’re simply wrong. Some people have this false belief that to be a Queen means to dress conservatively, and sure, to a certain extent that’s true. You won’t see Her Majesty wearing a low cut dress or a skirt with a high slit. She’s always wearing hats and gloves and she’s not very likely to wear a skintight dress. But the Queen loves to color and if you pay attention to her outfits you’ll notice that she’s quite brave when it comes to choosing colorful outfits. And we’re not just talking about the royal red and blue, Queen Elizabeth has worn some funky colors. In fact, she seems to be getting more daring every year when it comes to colors. Remember her neon ensembles? Here are a few examples of her doing just that.
1. The Queen has been a fan of red since she was young, and we see why. It’s a great royal color and she looks stunning in it. We love that she always goes for vibrant reds, they look the best with her complexion.
2. You probably wouldn’t expect Her Majesty to wear a bright orange outfit, but that’s where you’d be wrong. Queen Elizabeth is quite adventurous that way and wearing an almost neon orange isn’t even a big deal for her. She’d wear it on a Tuesday.
3. Yellow has been in her wardrobe for a while now, she loves wearing it on bright sunny days. It’s quite a cheerful look for the Queen. We’re glad she’s not given up on this color even to this day.
4. She seems to love green too, and while back in the day she preferred natural shades of green and even some floral patterns, we all know that she’s cool enough to wear neon green if that’s what she wants. We still can’t get over the fact that she did that. Do you think she ever googles herself to see what new things people have photoshopped onto her neon green dress?
5. Blue is another royal color and she pulls it off easily. We’ve seen her in light blue, dark royal blue, periwinkle and every shade in between. It’s a staple in her royal wardrobe. Again, we’d like to note that while she went with neutral shades in the past, these days her blue dress is so vibrant you can see her a mile away.
6. Pink is such a girly color and the Queen has worn a lot of shades of pink over the years. We think the hot pink one she’s been liking in recent years has to be our favorite. It’s so bold, such a statement from Her Majesty.
7. Lilac or lavender, whatever you want to call it, the Queen loves it. It’s a popular choice for her year-round and for good reason. It’s great for summer months as a light color and works well to brighten up a gloomy day too.
8. Purple is a power move for Queen Elizabeth. She just looks so cool and in charge when she wears purple, and she always has a smile on her face. She must know she looks amazing in her purple dress. Prince would be proud.
9. Minty green is a great color for a monochrome outfit. It’s neutral enough to not be considered very bright, but when you wear a fully mint outfit you will definitely be the center of attention. Especially if you’re the Queen of England and you’re wearing those cool shades.
10. While solid colors and monochrome outfits are clearly Queen Elizabeth’s favorite choice, she’s also tried her hand at color blocking and mixing patterns. In all honesty, it’s a very unexpected move from a royal, but we love her adventurous spirit.