Chinese porcelain has got to be one of the most beautiful and intricate kinds of ceramics. The white and blue color combination is so timeless and neat. The patterns are so detailed and thought out and just stunning. We love everything about it. There has definitely been a resurgence of chinoiserie home decor lately, but if that’s not quite your style and you want something small and personal and a lot more durable – here’s a solution for you. Chinese porcelain tattoos are just incredible and you just have to see these.
A tattoo artist in Seoul, Korea that goes by e.nal.tattoo on Instagram does these incredible little Chinese porcelain tattoos that are absolutely adorable. Sometimes it’s just a pattern, other times it’s actual ceramics and in some cases, it’s various shapes and animals that all have a common pattern. What we love the most is that the tattoos are done in blue ink that’s just absolutely the perfect shade for these designs. Let’s take a look at some of our favourite works.
- Here’s a little heat on the inside of a wrist. The waves are very reminiscent of The Great Wave off Kanagawa.
2. The most gorgeous paper plane we’ve ever seen. And the flower pattern is so cute.
3. A paw print with a flower pattern, what could possibly be more adorable? No seriously. What?
4. A framed painting but on your skin. A very cool and creative idea, especially with this kind of design.
5. This perfect circle that doesn’t even have an outline is beyond pretty. There is no edge!
6. A broken piece of porcelain. Because we all feel fragile and broken sometimes. Such a great idea.
7. A snake shaped into the infinity symbol and with a Chinese porcelain pattern on it. The symbolism in this tattoo is out of this world.
8. Another little heart, this time the sea in it seems a bit calmer, but maybe that’s just our interpretation of it.
9. More broken pieces of ceramics. We can’t be sure what the person who got the tattoo wanted to symbolise with this but everyone can find their own meaning in it.
10. A pretty little tile. I mean, tiles are so underrated, we will take pictures of pretty tiles in coffee shops because they are beautiful but we rarely think of them as works of art. Perhaps we should start.
11. Shall we decide that this is a broken vase and the flowers fell out? That’s what we see, but what about you?
12. Ying Yang but make it more esthetic. We love this as a couple tattoo idea or as a tattoo for best friends or siblings.