Cats are amazing creatures, not only have they decided to domesticate themselves because it was more convenient to them, but they’ve also basically learned how to manipulate the human race. They make us bow to their every wish and command, without actually listening to anything we have to say. You want them to sit or lay down? They don’t care, they will do as they please. But if they want you to do something they will find a way to convince you. Sometimes it will be by luring you in, pretending they want affection or just play cute. Other times they will annoy you until you do their bidding. And in some cases, they will threaten you with their most useful weapon – murder mittens. It’s a perfect weapon when you think about it because they can use it to shred your arm into a bloody mess or shred your heart with cuteness. There’s even a subreddit dedicated to these murder mittens and here are the best photos we’ve found.
1. They say if cats had opposable thumbs they would take over the world. Well, this black one clearly has them, so we’re pretty sure world domination is foot.
2. As you can see, even when they’re small, they have the power to shred. They might be small but they’re mighty.
3. The literal definition of an “attack hug” in two pictures. It’s adorable but it’ll hurt like hell.
4. When just murder mittens aren’t enough you’ve got to reach for heavy artillery, in this case, that means fangs.
5. Even when they’re surprised you can see the claws are ready to attack.
6. They might look relaxed and like they’re just chilling or doing cat yoga, but you should never be chill, you should always be aware. After all, they’re always armed and you’re absolutely helpless.
7. Not sure what’s happening, but absolutely ready to inflict some pain if that’s what’s expected. In any situation – be prepared to inflict pain.
8. That’s not what you expect to see when you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but that’s what you get, human.
9. It starts out cute, but in the end, who’s gonna get used as a scratching pole and a stretching mat? That’s right – your legs is the correct answer.
10. Ready for a super-fast attack, even when awoken from the deepest slumber only seconds before. That’s the cat mantra.
11. They will demand attention, food and sometimes even a sacrifice ritual, and you will give it all willingly because that is what you’re put on this earth for.
12. They are the same, size doesn’t matter when you have murder mittens.